GUIDELINES OF THE AUSTRALIA PROGRAM
4.Vietnam Embassy in Australia
- Geographical location :
- Is the largest Island country and also the smallest Continent in the World, a part of the independent British Commonwealth.
- Area: 7,682,300 km 2 . Divided into 6 States and 2 Territories.
- Population: Up to now, the population of Australia is about 21 million people.
- The capital of Australia is CANBERRA
- Major Cities: Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth.
- Climate :
- Because Australia is located in the Southern Hemisphere, the temperature of Australia is completely opposite to that of Europe. It’s winter in Australia right now
- Sydney: Temperatures range from 12°C to 24°C
- Melbourne: : Temperatures range from 10°C to 19°C
- Country code :
- + 61
- Currency :
- People use currency: US Dollar.
- Currency can be exchanged at CURRENCY EXCHANGE counters in airports, supermarkets or hotels. However, you should exchange money in Vietnam to get a better price.
- When buying goods in Australia, most use AUD – Australian Dollar, some duty free shops (Duty Free Shop) can pay in USD, but the exchange rate is lower.
- You should exchange money in Vietnam to get a better price.
- Vietnam Customs : When exiting Vietnam, do not bring more than 5,000 USD or equivalent foreign currencies, not more than 15 million VND and not more than 300 grams of gold. If you exceed the above amount, you must have a confirmation from the State Bank of Vietnam (or you can bring your Visa Card – Master Card). Tax-free entry: alcohol over 22 degrees 1.5 liters, alcohol below 22 degrees 2 liters, alcoholic drinks 3 liters, cigarettes 400 cigarettes, cigars 100 cigarettes, tobacco 500 g, tea 5 kg, 3 kg coffee, other legal goods with a total value of not more than 300 USD, clothes and utensils for the trip.
Buying electronic goods to Vietnam is subject to a tax rate of 50% to 70% + 10% VAT
- Australian Customs :
Each visitor is allowed to bring in no more than 5,000.00 USD without declaration.
Australia is a country that pays great attention to food safety and hygiene, so Australian Customs will check the goods
food-related chemistry is very strict.
- The following food products are not allowed into Australia:
- Absolutely do not bring foods derived from meat (beef, chicken, pork, …), eggs and milk. For example: do not bring fried rice, instant coffee with milk, cakes with ingredients from eggs and milk, noodles with beef, pork, chicken…
- Cereals, fruits.
- Products from wood, sedge, fur.
- The following foods are allowed into Australia:
– Black coffee, Dried seafood, Seafood instant noodles.
- The applicable fines: from AUD200 – AUD 60,000 or imprisonment depending on the severity of the violation.
- Retain all documents when declaring at the airports of the two countries.
- Airport procedures include baggage declaration, customs declaration, airport tax, air ticket, luggage bag.
- Passport and air ticket : Will be issued when needed at the airport.
- Checked baggage must not exceed 20kg/person for both trip and return . If you exceed the weight, you will have to pay an additional 5-10 USD for 1 kg of excess.
- Hand luggage under 7kg/person with dimensions not exceeding 43cm x35.5cmx20.
- If you bring: dried fruit, dried corn, seafood such as dried shrimp, dried squid, or foods that smell like fish sauce, you must notify the tour guide to declare the Customs declaration.
- Hourly salt difference:
- Australia’s local time is 4 hours ahead of Vietnam.
Up to the top
- Hotel :
- In the hotels are equipped with towels, soap, paper towels … You are free to use. You should also bring your own toothbrush and other necessary personal items.
- In the hotel room there is a small refrigerator called a minibar – You have to pay if you use any service – pay at the hotel’s reception when paying for the room. In addition, some hotels are equipped with tea and coffee filter dispensers… for you to use for free on your desk.
- Costumes :
– Go sightseeing wear comfortable clothes, light soft shoes with flat soles or preferably sports shoes for sightseeing and long-haul flights, lightweight waterproof slippers in the hotel.
– Prepare toothpaste and toothbrush and room slippers because the hotel does not provide these items.
– The tour program is designed to be very convenient in adapting the Vietnamese diet in Australia. In the main meals, the basic drink will be hot tea or white water. If you wish to drink any other drink, this will be charged, plus tip and tax for that drink.
– You should equip yourself with instant noodles, ready-made coffee, or lipton tea in case you will use it at night.
- You can choose from the following formats:
– Calling from the hotel: most hotels will require a deposit by credit card or cash before you can make a phone call from your room. However, you SHOULD NOT USE PHONE AT THE HOTEL , because the price is very high.
– Phone Roaming: Registering for an international calling service for your mobile phone, although convenient, is very expensive because you will have to pay when you call as well as when you listen to the call.
– You can bring mobile phones, buy Sims in Australia. You can buy cards from Telstra , Optus or Vodafone .
b) How to make a phone call
- How to use the phone:
@ Call to Vietnam: 0011 – 84 – 8 – 811.11.11
@ Domestic calling 0 + Area code + Phone number
Example: From Mel to Sydney: 02.62866059
- Some essential contacts:
EMBASSY OF VIETNAM IN Australia:
To the top
6 Timbara, Crescent, Malley, Canberra,ACT, 2606
Phone: +612 62866059/62901549
CONSULAR OF VIETNAM in Australia
489 New South Head Road, Double Bay, Sydney, NSW, 2028, Autralia.
Phone: +612 93272539/93271912
- Normally, the opening hours of supermarkets are from 10:00 am; closes at 17:00 or 18:00 pm. You shop according to the prices listed in supermarkets and shops, do not pay the price.
- Traffic :
- Traffic in Australia flows differently from Vietnam.
- Other things :
Most important :
- It is recommended that you comply with the group leader during the tour, all passports of the guests must be kept by the team leader during the route, only returned to guests when checking in for Vietnam – Australia flights and vice versa.
- In case you get lost, you should take a taxi to the hotel at the hotel’s address (the team leader will provide it upon check-in).
- You should prepare enough movies in Vietnam because buying in Australia is quite expensive.
- Be careful with money, bags in public, when buying or changing money, count carefully.
- Must pay attention to signs indicating whether smoking is prohibited or not (severe fines will be imposed if violated).
- Mandatory walking on the sidewalk.
- Tips for driver and tour guide (AUD 6 – 7 AUD/pax/day). These are the remunerations given to the servants so that they get an honest income commensurate with their labor.
WISH YOU HEALTH & SUCCESS!