- 8 delicious dishes you should enjoy when traveling to Singapore 2020
- Overview of the cost of backpacking Singapore how much is the most complete 2020
1. Prepare Singapore tourist passport
An indispensable document when you want to travel abroad is the passport. If you already have a passport, you should check the validity of your passport to be more than 6 months from the end of travel. If you do not have a passport, prepare documents to apply for a passport at the immigration office of the province or city you are living in.
If you are in Hanoi, you can go to the immigration office at 44 Pham Ngoc Thach, Dong Da district or 2 Phung Hung, Ha Dong district to get a passport. When going, bring your identity card or identity card, accompanied by a 4 x 6 photo on a white background, fill in the form, submit the form and wait for the date to get your passport.
You can also register online if you are busy and do not have much time to come. You fill in the information according to the form on the online passport application form, then you go to the immigration office to take photos, submit the application only takes about 10 minutes to complete. Waiting time for passport is 14 days with the prescribed fee of 200,000 VND.
2. Prepare flight tickets and book hotels
Indispensable in the list of things to prepare when traveling to Singapore is definitely to prepare return air tickets. You can book tickets before the departure date and to be able to “hunt” for cheap tickets, you should book at least 3-4 months in advance compared to the departure date. Airlines operating routes to Singapore such as domestic airlines with Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, Jetstar, international airlines with Singapore Airlines, Lion Air,….
Besides, booking a hotel before traveling to Singapore is also an important thing to prepare. You can book hotels early through online booking websites with criteria that match your needs. This is also an important condition along with passports and air tickets presented through the immigration gate in Singapore in the safest and easiest way.
3. Prepare personal belongings
Singapore is located near the equator of Southeast Asia, so the weather here is hot and rainy all year round. November to January is the most rainy period. With an average temperature ranging from 23 – 30 degrees Celsius, when traveling to Singapore , you should prepare the following items in your suitcase:
- Clothing: You should choose clothes that are thin, cool and absorbent.
- Hats, hats or umbrellas: always available so that you can both cover the sun, cover the rain, and combine fashion, posing on the frames.
- Sports shoes: indispensable because you will have to move a lot to attractions and public transport. To make it easy to travel comfortably, you should bring 1 or 2 pairs of sports shoes.
- Dry paper, paper fans, portable fans: With the hot weather in Singapore, you can equip yourself with hand fans to dispel the heat. In addition, you should also prepare extra dry tissues because shops and restaurants in Singapore all use wet wipes for a fee, so this will save you a good amount of money.
- Drinking water: The price of drinking water in Singapore is quite high, usually 6-7 times more expensive than in Vietnam, but there are many public faucets that provide free clean water, so you need to bring a personal water bottle throughout the journey. Singapore explorer to save money.
- Universal adapter: If in Vietnam most of the 2-pin chargers are used, in Singapore, they use 3-pin square sockets. If you do not prepare this device, it will not be able to charge electronic devices such as phones, cameras, ..so you should be very careful.
- Change: You should exchange some change to travel by MRT, LRT or bus, buying food is also very convenient.
4. Prepare money and credit cards
Surely you will not be able to ignore shopping at malls or duty-free shops when traveling to Singapore. All forms of payment are accepted here to create the best conditions for visitors to shop. You can use Visa or master card with a fee of 2.5 – 3%, or cash to pay.
You should exchange cash before traveling to Singapore to reduce the cost of money exchange. Currency in Singapore is in Singapore Dollars (SGD), you can change it at Ha Trung Street, Luong Ngoc Quyen or gold and silver shops with the exchange rate of 1 SGD ~ 17 VND . However, according to the regulations when coming to Singapore, you will not be able to bring more than 5,000 USD equivalent to about 6,800 SGD.
5. Some other notes when traveling to Singapore
- Traffic routes and ways to move in Singapore will be opposite compared to in Vietnam. The side of the road that is allowed to move is the left side, and the right side is considered the opposite direction.
- Absolutely do not eat gum when walking on the street.
- Do not litter indiscriminately in public places to pollute the environment.
- You should buy an international sim in Singapore of type M1 to contact Vietnam by mobile phone. You can buy it at Seven Eleven stores and remember to bring your Passport to register your sim.
Through the detailed information above, you know what to prepare when traveling to Singapore? Choose your time and prepare carefully to start your exciting trip to Singapore right now!
Some information about Springbrook:
Facility in Hanoi:
– Head office: 1st floor, Chelsea Park building, 116 Trung Kinh, Yen Hoa, Cau Giay, Hanoi.
– Tel: (024) 3783 6888
– Hotline: 097 555 3669
Base in the city. Ho Chi Minh:
– Branch: Ground floor of Tuan Minh building, No. 21 Huynh Tinh Cua, Ward 8, District 3, HCMC.
– Tel: (028) 3622 9989